Loading ...

How do I know if I am eligible for the Institution Special Bursary Program? | Financial Aid

Home » Spaces » Financial Aid » forum » Financial Awards » How do I know if I am eligible for the Institution Special Bursary Program?
Financial Aid

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: Financial Awards

How do I know if I am eligible for the Institution Special Bursary Program?

Subscribe to RSS
  • How do I know if I am eligible for the Institution Special Bursary Program?

• Answered

If it is your first time pursuing postsecondary studies and have a valid reason for attending on a part-time basis, you may be eligible for an Institution-Funded Special Bursary at Seneca. In such cases, to be eligible you must:

• be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident, or Protected Person.
    • demonstrate that your family income is below the threshold for a given family size.
    • be registered for an English as a Second Language (ESL) course(s) or Academic Upgrading courses.
    • be registered in a Ministry-approved program on a part‐time basis.
    • be enrolled in a study period that is at least four weeks in length.

You are considered part‐time if you are enrolled in courses that constitute less than 60% of a full course load. If you are a student who has a permanent disability and are studying at between 40% and 60% of a full course load, you can choose to be treated as full‐ or part‐time. If you choose to be considered part-time, you are eligible to apply for the Institution Special Bursary Program (ISBP).

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)