Loading ...

How do I know if my course load is eligible for OSAP for Part-Time Students?

Home » Spaces » OSAP » forum » OSAP for part‐time students » How do I know if my course load is eligible for OSAP for Part-Time Students?
OSAP

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: OSAP for part‐time students

How do I know if my course load is eligible for OSAP for Part-Time Students?

Subscribe to RSS
  • How do I know if my course load is eligible for OSAP for Part-Time Students?

• Answered

To be eligible for OSAP as a part-time student, you must:

• Be enrolled in 20 to 59 per cent of your semester course load to be eligible for OSAP for Part-time Students

Contact theservicehub@senecacollege.ca if you are:

• retaking a course(s) that you have already achieved a credit to check if the course(s) are eligible for funding.
    • taking courses that are compressed or do not run the full term, as this may impact your eligibility for full-time or part-time OSAP.

If you are a Continuing Education affiliated student in an OSAP eligible program:

• please refer to your part-time studies program website under OSAP funding for guidance.
    • divide the courses you are taking by the required courses.

All courses must run concurrently to count towards your OSAP course load. If you are enrolled in 20%-59%, or 20%-39% if you have a confirmed permanent disability of your required course load, you are considered part-time for OSAP.

If you are enrolled in at least 60%, or 40% if you have a confirmed permanent disability of your required course load, you are considered full-time for OSAP. For example, if you are taking three out of five required courses you would have a 60 per cent course load which is eligible for full-time OSAP.

If you are a daytime affiliated student, please log into Student Home to see the level you are in for your term. If you are unsure of your term for which you are enroled please contact your Program Advisor. Divide the courses you are taking by the required courses. For example, if you are taking three out of six required courses, you would have a 50 per cent course load.

You must maintain your course load throughout the term of your OSAP study period.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)