Loading ...

How do I enroll in Elective clases? | Student Advising

Home » Spaces » Student Advising » forum » Frequent Advising Questions » How do I enroll in Elective clases?
Student Advising

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: Frequent Advising Questions

How do I enroll in Elective clases?

Subscribe to RSS
  • Elective classes are required in many programs at Seneca. Certificate and Diploma programs require General Education Courses, and Degree programs require Liberal Studies courses.

Enrollment in elective classes follows a slightly different procedure from your professional courses. Rather than choosing elective courses from your requirements planner, you first consult the appropriate list from the School of English and Liberal Studies (certificate/diploma) (degree) and then search for your chosen course directly in the schedule builder. 

Be sure to only choose the specific section codes listed on the School of English and Liberal Studies website, since other sections of the same course may be reserved for students in specific programs (example: in EAC297 NBB, 'EAC297' is the course code and 'NBB' is the section code).     If you try to enroll in a restricted section of a class, you will get an error message such as 'restricted to GAP students only' (here 'GAP' means the General Arts Program).    

While most students only generally take elective per semester, they have to make sure to choose from different categories throughout their program at Seneca. Please refer to the English and Liberal Studies website for information about how to choose from all the required categories.

Back to FAQ

Click on the attachment below for the Gen Ed Info Flyer!

Attachments
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)