Loading ...

What happens if I fail a course? | Student Advising

Home » Spaces » Student Advising » forum » Frequent Advising Questions » What happens if I fail a course?
Student Advising

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Edit navigation item

Required The name that will appear in the space navigation.
Required
Required
Required The url can point to an internal or external web page.

Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: Frequent Advising Questions

What happens if I fail a course?

Subscribe to RSS
  • While all programs require a grade point average of at least 2.0 (2.5 for degrees) to graduate, a student is deemed to have passed a class with a grade of 'D' - 50% -  (unless otherwise noted n the course outline).

A student who fails a course (grade below 50% / D) will need to repeat that class in order to graduate (if a student fails an elective class, they can repeat the same class or take a different elective in its place). If the class is a pre-requisite for any subsequent classes in their program, they will not be able to take the subsequent classes until they have passed the failed prerequisite.

When a student repeats a course, this will typically result in extra subject fees.

There is also a limit on how many times a student may attempt a course. After the third failed attempt at a course, a student is normally not allowed to repeat it and, if it is a mandatory course for graduation from their program, they would not be able to graduate.

Back to FAQ
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)